Logs are in constant dynamic motion. That’s why there’s Log Builder, the sealant made for log structures. Stretches up to 500% of the original size, while still maintaining tenacious adhesion to the wood.
Since most logs move within the first few years after building due to moisture loss and shrinkage, it is crucial to start out caulking your log home using the right product.
Where to use
Interior & exterior wood surfaces or where a traditional smooth sealant sealant look is desired, including:
- Log homes
- Log checks and cracks
- Wood siding butt joints
- As a stacking sealant on tongue and groove new construction
- Around wood doors and windows
- Where wood meets chimneys
- Corner boards
- Crown molding
- And more! Adheres well to most standard building materials.
Where NOT to Use
- Surfaces previously coated with a waxy or non-drying oil coating
- Surfaces specifically designed to be non-stick, like Kynar coated
- Surfaces previously sealed with silicone – silicone and silicone residue must first be removed